Viewing and Editing HAL Properties
There are several properties associated with the HAL device that you can view and/or edit.
To edit the HAL properties:
- Connect to the HAL:From the Device menu in the application toolbar, click Connect: In the Connect to Device dialog box that appears, find the HAL device you want: Click the Connect button associated with that HAL device.
- Double-click the HAL title bar or hover over it and click the properties icon that appears:
The HAL properties dialog box appears. From here, you can:
- Customize the display name for the device.
- Edit the device's Hostname.
- Enable or disable DHCP.
- View the device's MAC Address, and Serial Number.
- View the device's Link Local and DHCP Assigned IP & Subnet, Gateway and DNS addresses.
- Add and remove static IP & Subnet, Gateway and DNS addresses.
- Select the HAL time zone. Set the HAL date and time manually, syncing with the PC clock, or syncing to an NTP Server.
- Write notes that are specific to this HAL device. These notes are stored on the device and are always available, regardless if the configuration changes.
For more details on each of these items, see the HAL Device Settings reference topic.