Creating a HAL Paging System
This topic presents the recommended work flow for creating a HAL paging system.
To create a HAL paging system:
The following procedure outlines the high level tasks involved in setting up your HAL paging system. Some of the tasks link to more details about that specific task:
- Plan the paging system. What audio and/or paging zones are needed in the system? Where will paging stations be located? What are the paging needs for each station (i.e. which areas/zones will it need to page into)?
- Add and configure the paging zones in your system.
- Add Emergency Paging Zone blocks to all of your zones (unless you are using a third-party emergency paging system).
- Add one or more paging stations to the system.
- Open the Paging Manager. (In the Processing Workspace toolbar, click Paging Manager.)
- Configure the appropriate Scenarios for the system.
- For each paging station, select which Scenarios it can page into.
- Test the paging system.
note: Although this workflow is recommended, you can go about the configuration of your paging system in other ways as well. What is required, however, before you can configure any paging is the creation of the key building blocks: at least one zone and one paging station. It's easier to create and prioritize the Scenarios if you have all of your zones configured first, although you can edit your Scenarios (adding or removing zones) as you go.