Linking a Preset to a DR or Other Remote Device
After working to get your presets just right, what good are they unless your end users can access them? To give your end users this control, you'll most likely want to link your preset(s) to a DR or to some other remote device. To do so, you simply create a control link between the device and the preset(s).
Before creating your preset(s), you had to consider what type of control you planned to use—as this decision affects what the preset type should be. The following table itemizes for each preset type which remote devices are compatible for linking:
|DR2 configured with Toggle controls
||DR2 configured as a Single Selector
||DR2 configured with Command controls
|DR3 configured with Toggle controls
||DR3 configured as a Single Level & Selector
||DR3 configured with Command controls
|Logic In device configured as a Toggle control
||Logic In device configured as a Two Position Selector
||Logic In device configured as a Command control
To link a preset to a DR or other remote device:
- Decide which type of remote device you want to control the preset(s) and add it to your Hardware Map. Configure it appropriately for the type of preset to which you'll be linking it. See the above table for details.
- If you have not already done so, create your preset(s), making sure each preset control type matches the control that will link to it.
- In the Processing toolbar (in the Processing Workspace), click Presets to open the All Presets dialog box. Locate the individual preset (for Toggle and Command presets) or Selector group (for Selector presets) to which you are linking a remote device.
- In the Control palette, locate the remote device that you are linking to the preset. If you are linking a DR or Logic In configured as a Toggle or Command, click the link icon associated with the relevant Toggle or Command control. If you are linking a DR or Logic In configured as a Selector, click the link icon associated with the Selector control.
- Click and drag the link icon from the Control palette and drop it onto the preset's link icon (in the All Presets dialog box). If you are linking to a Selector preset, note that you actually link to the Selector group, not to the individual presets in the group.