Viewing Resources Consumed by a Configuration
By its very nature, the HAL System is extremely efficient. To outgrow its capabilities would require designing an exceptionally large audio system. It is still important, however, that you monitor the resources consumed by the design you are creating. Halogen provides an easy way to do this, allowing you to determine the efficiency of your system before you install a single piece of hardware.
To view the HAL resources consumed by the current configuration:
- Click the Processing tab to open the Processing Workspace.
- On the Processing Workspace Toolbar, click Resources: The Resource Usage dialog box displays, showing the resources consumed by the DSP, HAL Memory, Delay, Room Processor, Expansion Bus and individual RAD and DR devices required by the current configuration:
If you exceed any of the resource limits, the following three things occur:
- The bar in the Resources dialog box turns red:
- The Resources toolbar icon turns red:
- In the case of overages for DSP, Memory, Delay, Room Processors, or the Expansion Bus, Halogen does not allow you to apply the configuration to a HAL.
note: The appearance of the Resource Usage window varies depending upon the type of HAL and expansion bus (if any) that the HAL supports.