The HAL1 Multiprocessor supports 16 in x 16 out audio, with 8 in x 8 out on balanced analog connections, and another 8 in x 8 out digitally through RADs.
- Same specs as the HAL1x except for inputs and outputs
- 8 analog Mic-Line Inputs on Euroblock connectors (green area)
- 8 analog balanced line outputs on Euroblock connectors (orange area)
- 4 RAD Ports, 8 in x 8 out plus control channel (blue areas)
- 12 Digital Remote Ports (brown and blue areas) [DR can connect to RAD port]
- Expandable with the EXP1, up to 80 inputs and 48 outputs.
HAL1 Inputs and Outputs
HAL1x Inputs and Outputs
The original HAL1 and EXP1 have been replaced with the HAL1x and EXP1x. Only the HAL1x can be expanded with EXP“x” units. The HAL1 expansion bus uses firewire, the HAL1x expansion bus uses shielded CAT 5e.
- Same specs as HAL1x except for the Expansion Bus and total I/O.
- Expansion Bus connects up to four optional EXP1 units (red area)
- Firewire IEEE 1394a 6-pin connectors
- 64 x 32 audio channels
EXP1 Expander for HAL1
Up to four EXP1 Expanders can be daisy-chained via firewire cables to a HAL1. Each EXP1 adds 8 RAD ports for either Digital Remotes or 16 x 16 audio channels through RADs. The total audio I/O with four EXP1 Expanders is 80 inputs x 40 outputs. The EXP1 only works with a HAL1.
- Same specs as the EXP1x except for the Expansion Bus.
- Expansion Bus connects up to four more EXP1 units to a HAL1
- FireWire IEEE 1394a 6-pin connectors
- One non-locking 1-meter FireWire cable included