With the release of Apple's macOS Catalina, every creative professional will need to decide if updating is right for them. More often than not, the initial jump to a new OS will do very little, if anything, to benefit the creative artist. Changes to the OS and improvements in technology are more likely to have a negative effect on your software, hardware, and workflow; at least at first.
Whether you are an Engineer, Musician, DJ, or any other audio-visual professional, the only thing that truly matters is that your gear works and continues to work when you need it the most. Rane DJ has been actively testing our products with each Beta release of macOS Catalina 10.15 and iOS 13 to guarantee our users know exactly what works and what will require updates before they make the jump to the new OS.
Please find a list of our products and their support status below. We encourage everyone to remain on their current OS until all of your products are on this list and confirmed as supported. This will be kept updated as necessary to reflect all current support for macOS Catalina 10.15 and iOS 13.
- 3 Things You'll Need to Know
- mac OS Catalina Hardware Support
- Updating your Rane Hardware Drivers
- Further Technical Support
Please be aware, Serato has officially claimed support for macOS Catalina starting with Serato DJ Pro 2.3.1 and Serato DJ Lite 1.3.2. If Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite is your main DJ software, please be sure to download the latest version of the software and check the Serato website for more information regarding macOS Catalina 10.15 support.
3 Things You'll Need to Know
- Is my product supported? We're happy to tell you that most Rane DJ products are already supported on macOS Catalina without any need for additional driver or firmware updates. If you haven't already, check our list of supported products below to make sure your Rane DJ product is ready for the update to Catalina.
- Apple's new OS includes new security features that require the user to allow a system extension when installing a new driver. This is a simple process that was added to macOS High Sierra and only needs to be done once for each driver. So, if you're installing any new driver on macOS High Sierra, look out for the following pop-up message and check out the driver section for instructions.
- The good news is that this is only necessary if you are installing a new driver. If you are updating to macOS Catalina and already have the latest driver for your device installed, you will not need to re-install the driver or complete these steps.
While your Rane DJ products are ready for macOS High Sierra, that doesn't mean everybody is. If you use one of our products with a third-party software title like Serato or Virtual DJ, be sure to check with the developer to confirm support for the new OS before updating.
|MP2014||v.220.127.116.11||Not Currently Supported|
|MP2015||v.18.104.22.168||Not Currently Supported|
|Sixty-Two||v.2.0.0b3||Not Currently Supported|
|Sixty-Four||v.2.0.0b3||Not Currently Supported|
|SL2||v.2.0.1f2||Not Currently Supported|
|SL4||v.2.0.1f1||Not Currently Supported|
|TTM57MKII||v.22.214.171.124||Not Currently Supported|
** Seventy-Two Firmware Update v1.3.2 is supported for use on macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and 10.15.2.
- Install the latest version of Serato DJ, here.
- Open Serato DJ.
- Connect your Rane device with a USB cable to the computer.
- If the device does not connect, look for the Install Driver button in the right-hand panel. Click it. This launches the Rane driver installer. Follow the install directions. A reboot will be required.
Required: All driver supported products on macOS Catalina will require the user to allow the system extension in the Security & Privacy System Preferences. After installing the driver, the following pop-up will appear to report that the driver extension has been blocked:
To enable the extension and allow the driver, navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Restart the computer first if this is necessary to complete the driver installation. Under the General tab, look for the "System software from developer "(driver developer)" was blocked from loading."
Click Allow. Follow the prompts to restart the computer if necessary and the device will be recognized normally on startup. It will only be necessary to complete this process once.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Rane product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Rane technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.