In 2012, Rane, in cooperation with Serato Audio Research, introduced the Sixty-Two mixer for Serato Scratch Live, completing the full integration of Serato Scratch Live software and performance mixer.
The Sixty-Two is the definitive plug-and-play digital turntablist mixer with the following features:
- First mixer with Dual USB ports for simple DJ changeover
- Internal 20-channel USB 2.0 sound card
- Ultra low latency Core Audio and ASIO drivers
- Mixer control of MIDI and audio routed to/from two USB ports
- Bundled with Serato Scratch Live
- Dedicated software controls for library, loops, cues and SP6 sample player
- Dedicated USB playback channels for SP6 Sample Player
- FlexFx loop with six internal effects, analog loop insert and USB insert
- Non-contact magnetic crossfader and up faders
- 3-band isolator EQs and high/low cut filters
From my prospective as a designer, improvement in the instruments we offer DJs, and what DJs do with those instruments is remarkable. The transformation of mixers from a simple analog design with a few op-amps to a digital system incorporating multiple ARM processors, a powerful DSP core and dual USB 2.0 high-speed interfaces is more than equaled by the evolution of DJ performance. It’s been a fun ride and we are proud to be supporting partners.
Next up: Wrapping Up